Crude rice bran oil is extracted from rice bran, a by-product of rice processing. Rice bran oil is a semi-dry oil with a content of 24-36% oleic acid and a content of 33-50% linoleic acid. It is a kind of oil with high nutritional value.
- Refining process of rice bran oil for soap
The quality requirements of bran oil for soap production are: moisture impurities should not exceed 1%, color and luster should be below 35, red 16 and 4 green, acid value 15-30 (less than 30 in summer and more than 15 in winter).
The purpose of refining is mainly to improve the color of oil, remove impurities, and sometimes add a dewaxing process for comprehensive utilization.
2. Refining process of refined rice bran oil
Rice Bran Oil Refining Equipment
1. Decoloring tank: bleach pigments from oil.
2. Deodorizing tank: remove the un-favored smell from decolorized oil.
3. Oil furnace: provide enough heat for the refining sections which need high temperature of 280°C.
4. Vacuum pump: provide high pressure for bleaching, deodorization which can reach 755mmHg or more.
5. Air compressor: dry the bleached clay after bleaching.
6. Filter press: filter the clay into the bleached oil.
7. Steam generator: generate steam distillation.