Wheat Germ Oil Refining Plant Main Equipment
1. Decoloring tank: bleach pigments from oil.
2. Deodorizing tank: remove the un-favored smell from decolorized oil.
3. Oil furnace: provide enough heat for the refining sections which need high temperature of 280°C.
4. Vacuum pump: provide high pressure for bleaching, deodorization which can reach 755mmHg or more.
5. Air compressor: dry the bleached clay after bleaching.
6. Filter press: filter the clay into the bleached oil.
7. Steam generator: generate steam distillation.
Oil refining production line Main Process:
1. Degumming and deacidification: The gumming is moved by phosphoric acid and hot water.There are two ways to move the acid in the oil. One is chemical way, the other one is physical way. The chemical way is using NaOH to react with acid. This way is suitable for the capacity of 5-30T per day. The physical way is using steam and centrifugal to move the acid. This way is used for capacity from 30-2000T per day.
2. Deacidification ( neutralization): In this step free fatty acids are neutralized by using sodium hydroxide and convert them into soap. Additional impurities are also removed by adsorption on soap.
3. Decolorization : During decolorization, unwanted pigments are adsorbed physically and oil will become much clearer.
4. Deodorization: Deodorization is used to remove unacceptable odors by steam distillation, the odoriferous compound are stripped off with the help of live injected steam into heated oil under high vacuum pressure.